Termination of lease agreement
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO TERMINATE A LEASE AGREEMENT
• The lease agreement must be terminated in writing using a separate notice form
• The period of notice is one calendar month. The period of notice starts from the last day of the calendar month, during which the lease agreement is terminated. Example: If you want the validity of your lease agreement to end at the end of August, the notice must be delivered by the last day of July. Send the notice as early as possible.
• All mandatory fields of the notice form must be completed thoroughly (e.g. account number for returning the security deposit, signatures and contact details of both tenants). As a result, we can process the termination normally and return the security deposit flexibly. The security deposit will be returned within a month after the end of the lease agreement.
• In the Helsinki metropolitan area (Espoo, Helsinki, Vantaa, Porvoo, Sipoo, Kauniainen, Kirkkonummi and Nummela), notices must be scanned and sent to irtisanominen.RA@realia.fi. Enter “Lease agreement termination, address of the apartment, name(s) or the tenant(s)” as the message subject. You can also send the notice by post to Realia Asuntovuokraus, Valimotie 17–19, 00380 Helsinki.
• In other locations, send a signed notice to an office of Realia Asuntovuokraus that is closest to your apartment and is responsible for your lease agreement by post or scanned via email. You can also bring the notice to the office. Check the closest office >>
• Any applicants approved by Realia Asuntovuokraus who are interested in your apartment during the period of notice may contact you in order to see your apartment. If you are unable to show the apartment, please contact the local agent of Realia Asuntovuokraus to agree on how to show the apartment.
• Send the notice as early as possible to complete the handling process more quickly.
• If you have any questions about the termination of the lease agreement, please contact our customer service (tel. +358 10 228 5555 or email@example.com).